When buying bongs and Glassheads – Accessories like bowls and stems, or other filtration devices used for smoking, you have to know where to find a good source since bong-selling entrepreneurs are barred from mainstream advertising. When you do find the right bong or another smoking device for you, it will get dirty. While shopping, there are several products on the market today that are available to ensure that you always have a clean bong. You can also do it the old-fashioned way with soap and water.
It is Important to Clean It
It is necessary that you clean your bong regularly to enjoy the substance that is being consumed. Regular cleaning also provides protection against nasty bacterial infections. In design and function, a bong looks and acts very much like a hookah. An air-tight and water-tight vessel is connected to a bowl and stem. The stem guides the air downward to below water level where it bubbles upward when you need to use it. As smoke passes through the bong, bacteria gets transferred from your mouth and the water gets dirtier every time you smoke.
Bongs use water for cooling down the smoke before a smoker inhales and this is a perfect condition for bacteria to grow in the dirty water and around the bong itself. This dirty condition also ruins the flavor of the substance that is being smoked.
Cleaning the Old Fashioned Way
One of the best ways to clean your bong is to clean it after each use or at least once a day.
To ensure full use and proper bong care, you should follow these steps:
1. Using warm water, make sure to flush out all the dirty stagnant water.
2. Add a cleaning solution to the glass. You can buy your own cleaning solutions online or you can use a homemade remedy that is made of salt and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).
3. The salt helps to scrub any residue from the bottom. The coarser the salt, the better the scrubbing action but do not shake the solution too fast and scratch the glass. The alcohol acts as a sterilizer to kill any nasty bacteria.
4. Cover all openings of the bong to prevent any solution from spilling out. You can use cotton balls or plastic wrap with rubber bands to block the openings. Swirl the solution inside the glass.
5. Since vaporized water could have settled around the rims during a smoking session, use a cotton ball or Q-tip to clean around the openings of the bong since it has made contact with your mouth.
6. Rinse everything again with warm or hot water until all the dirt is gone and the water is clear. Make sure that you have rinsed off all the isopropyl alcohol because it is a toxic substance and it is harmful if ingested.
Enjoy Your Next Smoking Session
If you repeat the steps listed here at least once a day, preferably after each use, you will ensure that you have a high-quality smoking session every time. There is no reason to abuse your bong when you can follow these tips to make your sessions taste better and be more enjoyable.